Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Mother's Day ... what is Mother's Day? It's just another day on the calendar. Nothing special, though. I've had my mother since the day I opened my eyes to this world, and I have loved her since then. We've had our days, of course, but my love for her has never and will never fade away. It's the kind of love you can't get rid off in one day, or in a lifetime. I might not agree with her on some stuff or things, but I don't love her any less for her choices or decisions or thoughts.

Being a mother is awesome. Yeah yeah, it drains you too. It's not just YOU anymore. It's THEM, first. Your kids are your priority in life. You will always be a mom once you have kids. The mother in you comes out naturally. The power of love is stronger. The sense of protection is huge. The love you feel in your heart is unmeasurable.

I have been blessed by being surrounded by wonderful women in my life. I've learned so many things from them, and for that I'm thankful. I have met some others that didn't teach me that much though, but I absorbed what I could and applied it to my life and made the changes I needed to make to move on and become a better person. I am a mother, a woman, a strong lady, looking forward to life and hanging in there. I have the strenght to brighten my future and my kids'.

Gotta say this:

-I love you Mamaena. You are a rock. You hang in there until you want to. Don't suffer. Let go whenever you are ready to do so. I will always remember you as the best grandma I could ever ask for. My best memories are in your house, with you and my uncles and aunts. I admire you. Don't let the dogs eat you, grandma. You know what I mean. I adore you and will miss you forever when you're gone.

-I love you Mom. No matter what. Please be my mom. That's all I ask for. Love me.

1 comment:

  1. El dia de la madre no tiene fecha especial, es todos los dias, no solo es esforzarse por los hijos, sino tambien, por si misma y contra todo para ser feliz..

    ReplyDelete